Saturday, October 2, 2010

A wrist in style!





Watch Out...

Come exam time, apart from preparing for our exams, sleeping on time and getting up at the right hour, was a must at home. Mother used to make it clear to us children that keeping time while doing our papers was an important aspect so we got the privilege of wearing mom’s watch to school.

The first watch I got for myself was when I was in college. My brother-in-law gifted me a watch specially bought from Japan and I wore it to college every day.

As I grew older, I came in possession of various watches like HMT, Titan, Westar, Citizen, Clyde, Elle to name a few.

Fuelled by husband’s interest for fashioning his wrist, I accompanied him to the high end malls and stumbled upon Omega, Rolex, Chopard, Rado, Tissot, Corum, Tag Heur, Zenith, Piaget, Raymond Weil.

The other day I looked wide eyed when I saw these brands. Breguet, Vacheron Constantin, Carl F. Bucherer, Jaquet Droz, Jaeger – Le Coultre, Ulysse Nardin, Girard – Perregaux, Panerai, Roger Dubuis, GC, Hublot etc., which has flooded the market.
Why wide eyed? It’s simply because I couldn’t pronounce these names in the first place! Some are as old as being there since 1738, but I’m getting to know now in 2010!

Brand or no brand I love all my watches. All said and done, I wonder why we don’t go back in time where having one watch per person was the norm which unknowingly everyone was so used to. Back then it was a different era altogether or should I ask was it the other end of the digital divide?

Well, if you take the face value of it, it’s after all ‘time’ we will be looking into but times have changed, you bet, making our world a stylish place to live in. More over to bait us into the brand wagon there are a whole lot of our favorite Bollywood stars as brand ambassadors!

Our son had his own view point when he said, “I will not wear a watch to college because I have my mobile with me”. It simply meant…Watch out (pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment